The U.S. government has established a specific set of rules and standards to be met by the Department of Defense (DoD) in the process of authenticating the property and assets owned by them. A unique identification code, or UID, is marked or tagged onto the body of the item, which is later recognized by UID Data Matrix Verifiers employed by the U.S. Military to register and verify all assets and possessions.
Now let us take a look at the way that UID Data Matrix Verifiers function in facilitating the identification process for the military:
- All items and possessions of the military are marked with a UID code and when the item is checked with UID Data Matrix Verifiers it is confirmed to be compliant with all MIL-SPEC-130 specifications.
- Today, given the increased need to maintain security and safety of all possessions and belongings, many other companies and organizations are now using these techniques to authenticate their products and ensure greater security and safety.
- The marking or the stamping can be done in a number of ways, including etching, using a YAG or CO2 laser (dependant on the substrate material), dot peen pin stamping, high-resolution inkjet printing, industrial inkjet printing, and more. UID Data Matrix Verifiers recognize this stamping or marking and effectively register and verify the items for MIL-SPEC-130 applications.
- There are many identification companies on the market today and modern marking technologies assure the safeguarding of items or properties belonging to a particular company or organization. UID Data Matrix Verifiers enable one to verify and track manufactured or distributed.
- These technologies facilitate shipping processes to a great extent, as well. When there are a large number of items or products shipped together in bulk, there is always a possibility of one or more of the products becoming misplaced or lost.
Using UID Data Matrix Verifiers ensure that product identification will be compliant with U.S. Department of Defense standards.
- There are a few things that need to be kept in mind while marking the items. The positioning, the size, the method, and the durability of the markings are all critical for it to successful identification.
UID Data Matrix Verifiers are a revolutionary tool for identification applications, including those that involve MIL-SPEC-130. Remember if you're considering projects, which involve government contracts, then you may wish to work closely with an experienced ID integrator, like ID Integration, Inc., for the most successful UID application possible.